View Comments The previously announced Sing Street is postponing its Broadway bow. The show is now aiming for an opening between winter 2021 and 2022 at a Shubert theater to be announced. The musical was originally scheduled to begin previews on March 26 and open on April 19 at the Lyceum Theatre but was held up by the Broadway shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.“We want to be responsible and strategic about creating a proper runway to launch our new musical on Broadway, which includes a longer period of time from when Broadway theater reopens,” the producers announced in a statement. Sing Street, which is based on John Carney’s Golden Globe-nominated film, is set in 1982 Dublin, where 16-year-old Conor turns to music to escape troubles at home and impress a mysterious girl. The musical features a book by Enda Walsh, a score by Carney and Gary Clark, direction by Rebecca Taichman, choreography by Sonya Tayeh and musical direction by Fred Lassen.The musical made its world premiere in the fall of 2019 at off-Broadway’s New York Theatre Workshop. That production’s cast, led by Brenock O’Connor, Zara Devlin and Gus Halper, was set to reprise their performances for the Broadway transfer. Broadway.com customers with tickets to canceled performances will be contacted with information on refunds or exchanges. Star Files Related Shows Zara Devlin Sing Street Gus Halper Jakeim Hart, Max William Bartos, Zara Devlin, Sam Poon, Brenock O’Connor, Brendan C. Callahan & Gian Perez in the off-Broadway staging of “Sing Street”(Photo: Matthew Murphy) from $49.00 Brenock O’Connor
Vermont Business Magazine A press release from the E-911 Board stating that the Department of Public Safety “will not be continuing to participate in the statewide 911 call taking system” is false. No decision has been made. Secretary of Administration Justin Johnson issued the following statement on the inaccurate press release issued this morning. “No decision has been made surrounding the participation of the Department of Public Safety in the statewide 9-1-1 call taking system. The attempt to mislead the media and public is completely outrageous and under-handed.”Public Safety Commissioner Keith Flynn has been meeting with E911 Board Chair Gary Taylor after Taylor and the E911 board recently notified the DPS that funding for call taking services will be cut by $90,000. Public safety answering points operated by the state of Vermont field 75% of all 911 calls in the state, and despite the funding cut, would be expected by the 911 board to maintain that call volume. Taylor said there is no plan to cut funding to other call centers that field the remaining 25% of 911 calls in Vermont.As part of the process of ensuring taxpayer dollars are best utilized to maximize emergency services, discussion between DPS, the Agency of Administration, and the E-911 Board have been occurring to determine the best path forward. Those discussion are ongoing and no decision has been made. “It is concerning that the President and Vice-President of the 911 board chose to use such tactics to misled the press and public about a decision that has not been made,” Flynn said.