Related MVNOs mount South Korea 5G pricing challenge AT&T targets enterprise with 5G FWA US mobile broadband user numbers rise Home Altice USA homes in on wireless launch Previous ArticleKT expecting 5G revenue boost in H2Next ArticleFitch forecasts mobile recovery in Indonesia Cable operator Altice USA updated its wireless launch plans, noting it expects to deploy service under an MVNO agreement with Sprint sometime before the close of Q3.On a call with analysts, CEO Dexter Goei said it has entered a phase of “heavy testing” and locked in “major mobile handset partnerships” in preparation for the launch. He added Altice deployed more than 19,000 small cells in less than a year as part of its partnership with Sprint, and work on its core network is now complete.Goei said Altice had settled on a price point and distribution plan, but declined to provide specifics until nearer the launch.Not worriedAs it prepares to cross over into wireless, Goei insisted the operator doesn’t feel threatened by mobile operators encroaching on Altice USA’s territory with 5G fixed wireless access (FWA) broadband products.“We’ve seen no 5G fixed wireless launches in our footprint. We don’t expect to see them anytime soon given technical and economic constraints for mobile network operators.”The sentiments echoed statements made earlier this year by Comcast Cable CEO David Watson, though Goei conceded it could feel the impacts of FWA competition in rural areas “over time”. Subscribe to our daily newsletter Back Diana is Mobile World Live’s US Editor, reporting on infrastructure and spectrum rollouts, regulatory issues, and other carrier news from the US market. Diana came to GSMA from her former role as Editor of Wireless Week and CED Magazine, digital-only… Read more Diana Goovaerts Author AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 03 MAY 2019 Tags Altice USAfixed wirelessMVNO
The Strokes suit up and take to the baseball diamond in the rock band’s new video for “The Adults Are Talking”, which was shared this week. The song appeared on the veteran rock band’s Grammy-nominated studio album, The New Abnormal, which arrived earlier this year back on April 10th via Cult/RCA Records.Similar to their other song from The New Abnormal tracklisting in “Ode To The Mets”, the new video for “The Adults Are Talking” is heavily themed around baseball. This time around, members of the band square off against their robotic opponents in some kind of retro-meets-futuristic game of baseball, where they’re joined on the darkened field by Beck, who happens to make a cameo as their first base coach. The band doesn’t seem to have much success at first (they are musicians after all, not athletes) but somehow find their way home to win the game, and celebrate accordingly.Related: iii Points Announces 2021 Lineup: The Strokes, Wu-Tang Clan, Eric Prydz, MoreWatch the band’s new baseball-inspired video for “The Adults Are Talking” as directed by Roman Coppola below.The Strokes – “The Adults Are Talking”[Video: The Strokes]The band recently performed “The Adults Are Talking” along with “Bad Decisions” during their Halloween night appearance on Saturday Night Live earlier this fall.
Get instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270. Subscribe
Ghana Football Association President Kwesi Nyantakyi says the Black Stars remains Africa’s best shot at winning the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.No African side has ever won the competition since its inception in 1930 with the Cup having been won 18 times between just seven nations.A quarter-final finish is the farthest a team from the African continent has reached at the World Cup.But with South Africa having the chance to host the competition for the first time on the continent next month, an improved performance by an African side is expected. Africa is represented at the competition by hosts South Africa, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Algeria and Ghana.Playing in group D which includes Serbia, Australia and three-time winners, Germany, Kwesi Nyantakyi tips the Black Stars as Africa’s surest bet for Cup glory.“The Black Stars commence camping on 24th May, 2010 in Paris, France in preparation for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. “We expect the Black Stars to perform well beyond the placing at the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany,” The GFA President said at an Ordinary Session of the Ghana Football Association’s Congress on Thursday in Accra.“A World Cup in Africa is expected to be won by an African team. The Black Stars is the favourite Africa team to lay a claim to winning the World Cup.”Ghana, who reached the round of 16 in their debut four years ago and by far the best African performance at the 2006 Germany finals are making their second successive appearance.Source: Ghanafa.org
10 INCREDIBLE Space Launch Failures! People Slammed By Massive Waves 4 Rebekah Vardy scores an impressive penalty in six-inch heels ADRIEN BRONER insisted he made an “honest mistake” after he was exposed for messaging 16-year-old rapped Bhad Bhabie.The American, famous for her “Cash me out side, how ’bout dah” catchphrase, shared a screenshot of the 30-year-old’s message.Adrien Broner has slammed Instagram for not showing the 16-year-old’s ageCredit: Getty Images – GettyDanielle Bregoli became a worldwide meme after she appeared on Dr PhilCredit: Getty – ContributorBroner, who has held world championships in four weight classes, messaged her: “Text me crazy girl.”Bhad Bhabie, real name Danielle Bregoli, exposed the 30-year-old to her 17.2million followers on Instagram.She posted a screenshot of the direct message and attached a video of the Akon hit “Locked Up.”Fans jumped to her defence by calling out Broner and even tagging the FBI and Atlanta Police in the post.But Broner, nicknamed “The Problem”, has insisted he was not aware of her age when he got in touch with her. Speaking to the Shade Room, he said the incident was an “honest mistake.”He added: “Nobody wants to date a kid.“But I fault Instagram for not having people’s age on their profile.“I thought she was grown the way she out here moving.”It comes a month after he was ordered to pay over £600,000 to a woman who claims she was sexually assaulted by him in a nightclub.And he hit the headlines in March when he threatened to shoot gay men “in the f****** face” if they touched him during a vile homophobic rant.Broner last fought in a unanimous decision defeat to Manny Pacquiao in January, a bout he pocketed £1.92m for.Vile boxing badboy Adrien Broner threatens gay men and ‘will shoot them ‘in the ‘f****** face’ if they touch him in sicking homophobic rant REAL vs FAKE GOLD Source: Boxing – thesun.co.uk Best caption wins🏆 Credit @4×4 Travel Diary // Vietnam 2017 Amazing movies best funny animals Omg this is awesome 🙂