Story HighlightsNEPA is currently finalising the draft paper for the motor vehicle emission standards, which is expected to be adopted into a regulatory framework, this fiscal year.State Minister Hayles informed that the implementation of the regulatory framework will allow the country to realise the testing of motor vehicle emissions and regulate fleet emissions.The State Minister also informed that Government will further expand the air quality monitoring programme to Manchester and St. Catherine, during the 2014/15 financial year. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail The National Environment and Planning Agency (NEPA) is currently finalising the draft paper for the motor vehicle emission standards, which is expected to be adopted into a regulatory framework, this fiscal year.This was disclosed by State Minister in the Ministry of Water, Land, Environment and Climate Change, Hon. Ian Hayles, during his contribution to the 2014/15 Sectoral Debate in the House of Representatives, on June 17.“I am putting the country on notice that this year we will begin tackling an even more pervasive air quality issue – motor vehicle emissions,” he noted.Mr. Hayles informed that the implementation of the regulatory framework will allow the country to realise the testing of motor vehicle emissions and regulate fleet emissions.He said the Ministry will also be partnering with United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), and the University of Technology (UTech), in implementing a Global Fuel Efficiency Initiative in this financial year, which will look at issues related to clean fuels and vehicle efficiency.This, he said, will support the motor vehicle emission standards that will be adopted this fiscal year.In the meantime, the State Minister also informed that Government will further expand the air quality monitoring programme to Manchester and St. Catherine, during the 2014/15 financial year.He said the Ministry is currently in discussions with several international partners to develop its ability to monitor greenhouse gases, specifically in procuring a mobile air quality laboratory.“This will increase the country’s emergency response to air pollution incidents and allow for the prompt dissemination of information to our emergency response partners to save lives during major hazard events,” the State Minister said.Last year, Government fulfilled its commitment to expand the air quality monitoring network, with NEPA establishing monitoring stations in Catherine Hall, Montego Bay and on Main Street, May Pen.The expansion was executed at a cost of $8 million, and brings the current government air monitoring network to eight sites.The NEPA has also licensed 35 private industry emitters who also operate air monitors. These complement the eight government stations and bolster the islandwide air monitoring network. RelatedImproved Water Supply for Western Hanover NEPA Completing Draft on Motor Vehicle Emission Standards EnvironmentJune 18, 2014Written by: Athaliah Reynolds-Baker RelatedSt. Catherine Residents Benefit from Rain Water Harvesting System RelatedJamaica to Receive Funding from UNDP to Implement Climate Change Activities Advertisements
Tweet 44 Views 3 comments Share Housing Minister, Reginald AustrieThe Dominica Government’s goal to eradicate pit latrines is progressing as the first phase of the project nears completion.Dubbed the Housing Renovation & Sanitation program, the government has been assisting citizens to repair their homes and erect modern washroom facilities through the Ministry of Housing.“We want to ensure that the sanitation component is in fact captured,” Housing Minister Reginald Austrie told the media on Thursday, February 13.He said the government had in the past, paid a lot of attention to the home renovation aspect of the program, “because at the time we thought it was necessary to do some renovation”.“Now we’ve gotten to a state where we have to address the sanitary situation and so we have allocated a certain percentage of the funds to the constituencies for home renovation and for sanitation”.“We’re hoping that we should complete, by the end of this phase of the project, we should complete anywhere between sixty and seventy washroom facilities,” Austrie stated.The program commenced in six constituencies, namely, Portsmouth, Castle Bruce, St Joseph, Colihaut Wesley and Thibaud.“We have made request for a release of another 1.5 million and we hope to address the concerns of another six constituencies”.Austrie anticipates that the funds will be released within the next two to three weeks so that immediately after the 2014 Carnival celebrations, the second phase of the program will commence.“We can say that right after the Carnival we should be moving to some other constituencies with the home renovation and importantly the sanitation, the washroom aspect because we’re really, really determined to launch a war on pit latrines and to defeat pit latrines in this country”.Meanwhile, the Minister criticized the Opposition United Workers Party for “making fun of the program”.“While the government is seeking to improve the quality and standard of life for its people, the Opposition does not see it necessary to support every single Dominican having a decent washroom and to stop use the bushes and the rivers and the beaches as their washrooms”.Nevertheless, he noted that the government “will remain focused and will continue to deliver to the people on our social agenda and to improve the quality of life for every single Dominica, if not today, but tomorrow and in the future”.Dominica Vibes News Share Share LocalNews Government’s ‘war’ on pit latrines continues by: – February 14, 2014 Sharing is caring!
Jamaica’s senior women’s FIFA Women’s World Cup campaign might have ended at the group stage, but their performances solidified several players on the radar of the top European clubs. Defender Deneisha Blackwood is one such player, who earned a spot with Slavia Prague’s women’s team in the Czech top flight. Blackwood, who played for Navarro College, University of West Florida, and Florida Krush throughout her career, made the move to the Czech giants following her World Cup performance. With the first set of matches under her belt, the defender is enjoying life in Europe. “The language, I must say, is one of the biggest factors right now, but apart from that, it has been great, it’s a new environment,” Blackwood said recently in an interview. “As I said, I’ve been to so many places so it’s easy to adapt. It’s going good and I’m enjoying my time.” CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DEBUT Blackwood has indeed been impressing with her performances in recent matches, and got the chance to live out one of her dreams when she made her debut in the UEFA Women’s Champions League. “It was amazing, I must say,” she said. “I used to watch the boys of my team play and I was like, ‘I really want to play in this game one day,’ and for me to get my first 90 minutes, it was a good experience.” In fact, Blackwood was able to grab her first Champions League assist as her team drummed Scottish outfit, Hibernian LFC, 5-1 in the second leg of the round of 32 fixtures for a 9-2 aggregate scoreline. Slavia Prague will next face reigning English champions Arsenal Women in the first leg of the round of 16 on October 16. Blackwood is now with the Reggae Girlz, fighting for an Olympic qualification berth. The team secured an easy qualification to the Concacaf phase of qualifying, after maximum points in their Caribbean Football Union round. – Gregory Bryce
The exclusive project, titled Man v Fat, is aimed at men of all ages and physical ability, who are committed to improving their health through weekly involvement in a competitive football league. An introductory session will take place at South Bristol Sports Centre on Monday, January 23rd, with the weekly Bristol League commencing on Monday, January 30th, 7-9pm.Every player who registers on the programme will be in a similar state of mind and will share the same end goal – to enjoy football, make new friends, lose weight and get healthier. Uniquely, the league is not decided just on points won, but also pounds lost, which will be noted at the weekly weigh-in.To ensure maximum results are achieved with regards to weight loss, each player will be provided with dietary advice, have access to unique resources and have continuous support available to them. To join the league, participants will need to pay £9.99 for registration, or £14.99 with a free copy of five-star rated The MAN v FAT Weight Loss Manual (RRP £12.99). Participants will then need to pay a further £6 per week, or an outright payment of £79.99.In a recent assessed 14-week pilot scheme of an identical programme, run by Solihull Council, players lost 22lbs on average, with 62 per cent hitting their five per cent body weight target. The maximum weight lost by one player was 67lbs and the highest bodyweight percentage lost was 26 per cent–demonstrating the programme’s effectiveness. Because the league is not just decided on the number of games won on the pitch, individuals can join a team as a non-playing member if they do not wish to compete in the fixtures. Instead, they will partake in the weigh-in at the weekly sessions and cheer on their team from the sidelines, with their weight loss contributing to the team’s overall success. Upon registration, participants will be allocated a team, so teams do not need to be entered in advance.Each week teams will play four fixtures of 30-minute slots, making it an intense but rewarding programme.For more information on the MAN v FAT project, please contact the Trust on 0117 963 0636 or e-mail [email protected]
Since Axel Witsel moved to Borussia Dortmund, the idea that Manchester United also wanted to sign has become ‘a thing’. There’s been insistence Jose Mourinho was looking at the Belgian international, and even suggestions of efforts. Looking ahead to future windows, Witsel, who turns 30 in January, has also been presented as an option for the troubled Premier League club.Regardless of the veracity of the claims, SportBild have asked Witsel himself why he chose to sign for BVB given the ‘greater appeal’ from clubs such as Manchester United and PSG.The former Zenit and Tianjin Quanjian player answered: “Because I felt that Dortmund is the right choice. I knew from the beginning that I have the quality to assert myself here and to help. Nevertheless, the BVB was a challenge for me, which I absolutely wanted to accept.”Before Witsel made the move, claims of Manchester United and PSG interest weren’t exactly widespread and strong.Whilst that doesn’t mean there was nothing in it, the situation does seem to have been built up since rather than prior.Given his previous club choices, it’s not too unfair to suggest that if United or PSG had waved a big wage around that Witsel would have been interested.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameDon’t Play This Game, it’s Addictive.Forge of Empires – Free Online GameUndoRaid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadEven Non-Gamers Are Obsessed With This RPG Game (It’s Worth Installing!)Raid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadUndoKeto减肥1個簡單的妙招一夜「融化」腹部贅肉（今晚試試）Keto减肥UndoCNBC InternationalHere’s How Big Businesses in Singapore Are Managing the Impact of COVID-19.CNBC InternationalUndoPerfect-Dating.comReveal Tung Chung As The Best City to Date for Love & RomancePerfect-Dating.comUndoDating.comWhere do attractive singles meet in Tung Chung?Dating.comUndoCoworking Space | Search AdsThe cost of shared office in Hong Kong might surprise youCoworking Space | Search AdsUndoTheTopFiveVPNEnjoy Netflix Now Without Any RestrictionsTheTopFiveVPNUndo熱門話題小心會長過頭…網友推爆:「真的長得超誇張!」熱門話題Undo
Last Updated: 14th July, 2020 06:23 IST Former USC Starting QB Daniels Eligible For 2020 At Georgia Former Southern California starter JT Daniels says he has been granted immediate eligibility at Georgia, where he can join the competition at quarterback COMMENT Written By Former Southern California starter JT Daniels says he has been granted immediate eligibility at Georgia, where he can join the competition at quarterback.Daniels posted on his Twitter account on Monday his appreciation to the NCAA “for granting me immediate eligibility and allowing me to play football this fall.”Daniels announced his transfer to Georgia on May 29 and he can play for three seasons. He started for the Trojans in 2018, but lost his job to Kedon Slovis last season after suffering a knee injury in the season opener.Daniels joins an interesting mix at Georgia to replace three-year starter Jake Fromm at quarterback.Jamie Newman, a graduate transfer from Wake Forest, is considered the favorite to win the starting job.Former walk-on Stetson Bennett, who was Fromm’s backup in 2019, has an experience advantage in the Georgia system that may carry more weight since there was no spring practice for Newman and others.Other candidates include D’wan Mathis and incoming freshman Carson Beck.Daniels started for USC as a freshman, passing for 2,672 yards with 14 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He then hurt his knee in the Trojans’ 2019 opener against Fresno State.Without the waiver from the NCAA, Daniels would have had to sit out the 2020 season.Image credits: AP Associated Press Television News FOLLOW US First Published: 14th July, 2020 06:23 IST WATCH US LIVE SUBSCRIBE TO US LIVE TV