“Hopefully, they will pay a heavy price,” he said. The Board of Supervisors last week offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of those who attacked the officer. The Rowland Unified School District offered a $5,000 reward. “It was such a horrendous and senseless crime,” Knabe said. The school district’s chief of police, Janis Cavanaugh, said she is grateful that officials are taking this seriously. “I think that trying them as adults is the best judicial pathway considering the facts of the case,” Cavanaugh said. Rowland Unified Superintendent Maria Gutierrez Ott said she is relieved this was resolved before the start of school, which began Monday. “This was a cloud hanging over us, and it was good for all of us to know they had been arrested,” Ott said. The juveniles will remain in custody, although motions are pending for their releases, Wooldridge said. Their names will not be released at this time because of their ages. [email protected] (626) 962-8811, Ext. 2477160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Four teens were arraigned Tuesday at Pasadena Juvenile Court on attempted murder charges in the Aug. 15 beating of a 62-year-old Rowland Heights school officer, officials said. “Due to the seriousness of the crime, we will petition to try them as adults,” said Brian Wooldridge, deputy district attorney. All the teens pleaded not guilty, Wooldridge said. The boys, ages 14 to 16, also face charges of aggravated mayhem, assault on a peace officer, burglary and vandalism over $400. They are from Walnut, Hacienda Heights and La Puente, police said. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWhy these photogenic dumplings are popping up in Los AngelesIn addition, the 15-year-old suspected of hitting the officer in the head with an aluminum baseball bat is charged with the special allegations of use of a deadly weapon and great bodily injury, officials said. The officer responded to a 5:15 p.m. burglary call on Aug. 15 at Jellick Elementary in Rowland Heights. The juveniles allegedly attacked the officer, who lost an eye as a result of the assault. Wooldridge said the next court date is scheduled for Sept. 18 in Pasadena. After that hearing, it will be decided whether the teens will be tried as adults, he said. Los Angeles County Supervisor Don Knabe said he supports the decision to try the juveniles as adults.